Saturday, April 23, 2016

Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon (April 2016): Update Post


Hello everyone! It's that time of year again; Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon is starting now! If you follow me on twitter (@blog_gal) you know that I'm super excited about this read-a-thon, as always. 


Before the readathon, I have read 

Mostly, I will be putting my updates on Twitter, but occasionally, I will come back here for a Mini Challenge and also update my reading status.


Are you joining in on the readathon fun? What does your TBR look like?



Opening Meme


1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
The wonderful state of Georgia in the good 'ol United States

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
Probably finishing up Rachelle Dekker's The Calling

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
I don't have any planned, but I always love my lunch/dinner at work: Salad and Soup from Olive Garden.

4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
I am a Christian who loves blogging about books that are appropriate for all ages (no sex or foul language). Also, I am a forensic biologist :)

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
I have never readathon-ed on a day I work, much less a day where I work at least 10 hours since its a double. I will be juggling work and reading today.

Mini Challenges


Mid-Event Survey

Closing Survey

Reading Progress and Book Thoughts

Hour 1 8 AM-8:59 AM

27 pages of The Choosing by Rachelle Dekker

Hour 2 9 AM- 9:59 AM

82 pages of Fruits Basket (vol. 1, manga)

Hour 3 10 AM- 10:59 AM

Finished Fruits Basket (vol. 1)- 205 pages read this hour

Hour 4-14 11 AM-10 PM
~~Getting Read for Work, Commute, and Working~~
Plan: listen to audiobook while getting ready for work, commuting, and during lunch break

Hour 15 10 PM-10:59 PM

Hour 16 11 PM- 11:59 PM

Hours 17-22 12 AM-5:59AM
~~Sleep~~

Hour 23 6 AM-6:59 AM

Hour 24 7 AM-7:59 AM

Overall Progress


  • 247/434 pages of The Choosing by Rachelle Dekker (27 pages during RAT)
  • 205/205 pages of Fruits Basket (vol. 1)
  • 70/435 minutes (approx. 49/309 pages) of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone Audiobook- 0 minutes (0 pages) during RAT


Total pages for RAT: 231
Total books completed during RAT: 1


1 comment:

  1. I'd love some recommendations of books without foul language and sex. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete